Sunday, October 5, 2014

Nutritional Analysis

Based on my planned meals, my daily calorie intake will average 1150 Calories per day, where the recommended daily allowance for an active woman is between 2000-4000 Calories. Even if I eat the leftover potatoes and rice and onions and carrots I bought, I can only get my Calories up to 1400 per day.  At this maximum possible food intake, my protein is 50g per day, which is exactly at the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA). My carbohydrate intake is 285g when 300g are recommended. My fiber intake is 47 when 25 are recommended, and my fat intake is 8g when 65 are recommended (maybe a little higher because I didn't count the oil used in cooking).

I could trade some of my high fiber food for high fat food, but I believe I would feel less full doing so and still not get enough Calories to meet the RDA.

As far as the food groups go, I am balancing grains, proteins, vegetables and fruits, but have had to omit dairy entirely because I could not afford it.

So there you have it. I did my best but I have not achieved adequate nutrition on $33 a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment